I am ecstatic to share this recipe with you today! The flavors flow together like a perfect harmony. Avocados are great for the skin, hair, and nails. They also support the heart, and promote blood sugar regulation. Plums are low in calories but high in nutrition. They aid the digestive system and improve brain memory. The dressing in this recipe uses coconut oil, which is the best oil you can use.
I am from the Netherlands, and in our pea-sized country we have a saying that goes, “Small but nice!” and it’s one of my motto’s when it comes to preparing food. Cut up everything into teeny tiny pieces, and prepare the food with TLC. Such seemingly small actions will make a BIG difference!
- 2 plums (+- 1 cup), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2.5 oz baby spring mix
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 avocado, chopped into bite-sized pieces and sprinkled with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced*
- Start by chopping up the avocado into bite-sized pieces and sprinkling it with some salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit while you prepare the rest of the salad so the salt and pepper can really "sink in".
- Tear the leaves of the spring mix into small pieces.
- Make the dressing: Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Gently massage the dressing into the salad leaves. (Remember: TLC!)
- Add the avocado, plums, and red onion to the salad and mix carefully but well.
- Take small bites, savor the flavors, and enjoy to the fullest!