This is a delicious, healthy snack that will satisfy any sugar cravings with the natural sweetness of fruit!
Bananas, though very sweet, have a low glycemic index, meaning that your body absorbs the sugar gradually, eliminating spikes in your blood sugar. Strawberries are very high in vitamin C which is extremely important for a good immune system. Cinnamon boosts the metabolism by slowing the rate at which the stomach empties after meals. All in all, these ingredients make an excellent combo to give you long-lasting energy and satisfaction.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (use corn for GF)
- 2 tablespoons crunchy, salted almond butter
- ½ banana, chopped
- 2 - 3 strawberries, chopped
- dash of cinnamon
- Melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortilla in skillet and rotate so that it gets coated in the oil.
- Spread out almond butter over one half of the tortilla.
- Top the almond butter with the banana and strawberries.
- Sprinkle fruit with cinnamon.
- Fold the plain side of the tortilla over the covered side.
- Remove from pan when golden brown and slightly crunchy.
- Cut up in 4 pieces & enjoy!