In the midst of being surrounded by candy during this time of the year, I present to you a sugar-free alternative: Cinnamon-Spiced Date Truffles.
These are sweet, yet guilt-free, and absolutely delicious.
Dates are known for having numerous health benefits. Because they have a low glycemic index they are a great source of lasting energy. Cinnamon slows the rate at which the stomach empties after meals, reducing the rise in blood sugar after eating. This, too, has a positive effect on your energy! So go ahead and indulge in these sweet treats knowing that, while your kids bounce around the house post-sugar rush, you’ll be able to keep up with them ;).
Cinnamon Spiced Date Truffles
Author: Danielle Joy
Recipe type: Sweets
- Medjool dates, pitted
- Chunky almond butter (I prefer the roasted and salted kind)
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- In a bowl, mix almond butter with a dash of cinnamon.
- Slice open the date.
- Fill the inside of the date with the cinnamon-spiced almond butter.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.