How did I live life void of peanut-butter-chocolate-coconut-y goodness before these cookies?! These cookies are a winner that relentlessly beg to be made. and eaten. and then made again. followed by being eaten… again… My mouth is watering as I think about it…
No sugar! No flour! No eggs! No dairy! No bake! But so dang good! And very simple… Can life get any better?
Let me give you a tip here… If you can’t wait for them to firm up in the fridge, the cookie dough is just as good — if not better! Yeah, you’re welcome. 😉
Oh! I got so carried away raving about the sheer deliciousness of this that I almost forgot to mention the nutritional value of these cookies. Coconut has a myriad of health benefits. It supports the immune system and keeps the skin looking healthy and youthful. Cocoa is loaded with antioxidants, and thus supports the heart. It also contains anti-depressant, mood-lifting properties. Need I say more?
Go ahead, indulge…
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cup finely shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 cup largely shredded unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Melt all the wet ingredients in a pan and mix together well.
- Stir in the coconut and walnuts.
- Form dough into cookies and place on a tray.
- Place tray in fridge and cool for 1 hour or until firm.