Trust me, by the end of today you’re going to experience a post-candy binge workout craze. In order to help you cope with this, I’d like to share my recipe for protein bars with you that will keep you pumping through those reps!
These protein bars are packed with almonds and walnuts, high in fiber and healthy fats. The dates, coconut, and chia seeds are a great source of energy. Hemp powder/seeds gives this bar an extra protein boost. Protein will not only get you through those intense workouts, but it keeps you full longer and therefore reduces sweet cravings.
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almond meal*
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 2 (Medjool) dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon hemp powder/seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Process until it's a sticky consistency when pressed together.
- Form into a bar.