This recipe is so simple yet delightfully delicious! You can make it in under 15 minutes. It’s great as a side or mixed into a salad.
Sweet potatoes contain anti-inflammatory nutrients, lots of fiber, and loads of antioxidants. They contain magnesium, which is important for the body to regenerate itself, especially after vigorous workouts. Did you know that one sweet potato contains about half of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C? Another reason why I like sweet potatoes is that they have a low glycemic index. This means the body slowly absorbs the natural sugars, preventing blood-sugar spikes, resulting in a steady amount of energy.
How will you use this recipe? Please share your ideas in the comment section below!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped in chunks
- ¼ c. sweet white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a food processor, chop up the sweet potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well mixed.
- Heat up some coconut oil in a skillet
- Place the sweet potato scramble in the skillet and let it cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir so that the uncooked side now faces the bottom of the skillet. And cook for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Taste to see whether the sweet potato is cooked.
- Serve & enjoy!