In China, peaches are a symbol of good luck, protection, and longevity. It is rightfully so because of the many health benefits related to peaches. They are low in fat, but high in antioxidants. Full of vitamin A and C, they are great at promoting healthy skin, and they act as a natural stress-reliever. Combined with spinach, which is high in protein, and the antibacterial properties of cayenne pepper and cinnamon, this Cinnamon-Spiced Peach Salad is the perfect transition of summer to fall.
Cinnamon-Spiced Peach Salad
Author: Danielle Joy
Recipe type: Salad
- 2.5 oz baby spinach
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- ½ t cinnamon
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 peach, pureed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium bowl, tear the spinach leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut a peach in half, then slice thinly.
- Sprinkle sliced peach with cinnamon and cayenne pepper and mix. Let sit while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Minced red onion and add to spinach.
- Cut up other peach and blend. This is your dressing. If you feel like it lacks sweetness, add some maple syrup.
- Add sliced peach to salad.
- Pour over blended peach.
- Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply