This overnight oats recipe tastes like pumpkin pie. It’s topped with a homemade pumpkin butter that takes less than 2 minutes to make! Pumpkins are very low in calories, and they support the immune system. Pecans are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. They also contain healthy fats and lots of fiber.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
This overnight oats recipe tastes like pumpkin pie. It's topped with a homemade pumpkin butter that takes less than 2 minutes to make!
Author: Danielle Joy
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large, ripe banana
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice (1/4 t cinnamon, ⅛ t ginger, ⅛ t nutmeg/allspice)
- small dash of salt
- chopped pecans, for topping
- 1 tablespoon chunky, salted almond butter (optional)
- At night, soak the oats in water.
- In the morning, blend the pumpkin puree, banana, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and salt in a food processor until smooth. This is your pumpkin butter.
- Top the oats with pumpkin butter, almond butter, and chopped pecans.
- Mix well before eating and enjoy every little bite!
If you forget to soak the oats at night, you can still make this breakfast in the morning and serve it instantly without soaking.
Leave a Reply