This salad is so simple yet SO delicious. The secret to this salad is this: organic ingredients. Because you’ve got nothing fancy going on in this salad, you have to rely wholeheartedly on the quality of the ingredients. That’s where organic produce comes in. Especially if you are a gastronome, you will appreciate the combination taste of the sweet, juicy peaches and slightly bitter spring mix. The softness of the peach compliments the delicateness of the salad leaves, and the orange compliments the green in color. A hint of sweet onion gives this salad a bit of a kick, and the simple olive oil-lemon juice-maple syrup dressing is an excellent accompaniment to this gorgeous salad. Serve it as an appetizer to a gourmet dinner, or whip it up as a quick and light salad for lunch.
- 2.5 oz organic baby spring mix
- 1 organic peach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic sweet onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon grade B maple syrup
- Add the chopped peach to the spring mix.
- For the dressing: mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a glass.
- Add the minced sweet onion and the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss gently.
- Serve immediately*
Leave a Reply