Have you ever had a Strawberry Salad with Orange Dressing before? Honestly, I had never even heard of Orange Vinaigrette when I thought of it, but it sounded like a pretty good idea in my head, and boy, it sure didn’t disappoint when I made it.
Strawberries and oranges are powerhouses of vitamin C. Moms, I feel ya! You are always looking for ways to incorporate vitamin C into your kids’ diets. Don’t shy away from feeding them salads! You can add a small container of salad to their lunch box. Start small, and work your way up. Plus, if you often eat salads, your kids will most likely want to follow in your footsteps, too!
Strawberry Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Author: Danielle Joy
Recipe type: Salad
- 2.5 oz baby spring mix
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced and then sliced in half
- ⅛ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Mix the strawberries into the spring mix.
- For the dressing: mix together the remainder of the ingredients in a glass.
- Add the dressing to the salad.
- Toss gently.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply